Christmas exam timetables and rules
|1st Year Christmas Tests||Tuesday 19th||Wednesday 20th||Thursday 21st|
|10.00 – 11.00||CSPE||Materials Technology – Wood||Technical Graphics|
|11.15 – 12.15||Art||Home Economics||Coding|
|12.15 – 1.15||Science||Metal Work||History/Business|
|2.00 – 3.00||Study||Geography|
|3.00 – 4.00||English (starts 2.30)||Maths|
|2nd Year Christmas Tests||Tuesday 19th||Wednesday 20th||Thursday 21st|
|10.00 – 11.00||English (Start 9.30)||Home Economics||CSPE|
|11.15 – 12.15||Metalwork||Study||Coding|
|12.15 – 1.15||Technical Graphics||Geography/History/Business||Science|
|2.00 – 3.00||Study||Materials Technology – Wood|
|3.00 – 4.00||Maths (starts 2.30)||French|
|5th Year Christmas Tests||Tuesday 19th||Wednesday 20th||Thursday 21st|
|10.00 – 11.00|
|11.15 – 12.15||English||Business/DCG/Biology||Study|
|12.15 – 1.15|
|2.00 – 3.00||Study||Home Economics/Art/Geography|
|3.00 – 4.00||Irish (starts 2.30)|
- Students must have their own refill pad, pens, pencils, eraser, ruler, colours etc. Borrowing equipment from another student is not allowed.
- Students must have their own calculator and maths set.
- Talking or any other form of communication is not allowed and students must put up their hand and wait for a teacher to come to them before they speak. If a student is found communicating or engaging with other students their exam maybe cancelled.
- Students must have books with them to study if they do not have a particular exam at a certain time.
- Any student who does not have exams between 9.00 and 11.00 am may come in at 11.00 am providing they have a note signed by a parent/guardian for that day stating that they have permission to come to school at 11.00am. If students arrive late they may not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
- Any student who does not have exams after 2.00pm may go home at 1.15 providing they have a note in their journal signed by a parent/guardian for that day. Phone calls into the office by a parent/guardian will not be accepted nor will the school ring home for permission either.
- Students are not permitted to home between exam periods, so if a student does not have exams between 11.00am and 2.00pm but has exams before and after this period then they must stay in school for the duration of the day.
- If a student has a note in their journal they must leave it open on that page on their desk on the morning of the exam so that the teacher can clearly see it and initial it, as he/she is moving around. The teacher will then ask the student to sign their name in a sign out book and no further disturbance of the exam is required.
- No student is allowed to leave the exam hall before the exam is finished. If you finish the paper early take out books to study.
- If a student finishes the exam too early the teacher will write the time on the answer booklet.
- Toilet breaks must be kept to a minimum so do not expect to let go. A record will be kept of people going.
- Only water is allowed in the exam centre, no other food or drink
- All exams (except 5D) will be in the PE Hall so some disruption is to be expected when exams begin or end at different times. This is not an opportunity for chat and students still sitting exams should continue on quietly.
- Students must enter and exit the exam centre quietly and go straight to their allocated seat.
- Students must be in full school uniform.
- Students who cause a disruption will be sent to the principal or deputy principal and will be sent home. No misbehaviour of any kind will be tolerated.
- If a student has misbehaved and has been asked to go home, parents may call to the office to collect exam papers for their son/daughter to complete their exams at home.